As most of you already know , i am not getting any younger. So when my youngest daughter suggested that i come to visit her i was speechless. She is in the Navy, and has traveled half way around the world. Knowing that she is stationed in Italy, i was scared and very excited about the offer. I told her i would think about it and try to save some money up , and see what happens. I talked to Jason my son, and other daughter Kim, and they told me I was crazy not to go. Tim my youngest brother said "do it girl" and my sister Jeanne said"yes go for it". I of course was afraid to fly over the ocean, and going to another Country was , well out of the question.So as time went on i had it in the back of my mind but that was it. One day Joanna called me up and said , i need an answer today, i am going to get you over here and you have to decide today. I said yes, and called Kim and Jason to go with me. Jason just could not pull it off but Kim said yes i'll go with you. So we made all the plans and then it hit me. What have i done!
I am so glad i went to see my Joanna's Italy with Kim. We three girls had the time of our lives. The plane ride was not that scary after all. The people were very nice and treated us kindly. I can't explain everything i saw, because i am still processing it in my head.I look at the pictures and go back over them and still can't take everything in.
Driving through Tuscany was really beautiful. Fields and fields of sunflowers, vineyards, and lushes countryside.
Rome was beyond words. How all the carvings and statues, and paintings were done and perserved until today is captivating to the mind.
I am in the process of making a presentation for the reunion, Jason is putting it together and i'm sure you won't be disapointed.